Index
Portal
Regeln  • Portal  •  Forum  •  Profile  •  Search   •  Register  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 Saturday's Metalway festival report
Metal-Heart

blank.gif

Stat-Points: 0

PostPosted: 29.06.2009, 12:34    Saturday's Metalway festival report Reply with quoteBack to top

Hail my friends, sisters and brothers from Germany. I just came back from Saturday’s Metalway festival in Spain. Zaragoza was an open sky owen with temperatures of 37 / 39 degrees and the sun was literally scorching everything. Luckily at least it was a little windy, with very low humidity.

Due to the schedule of the flight, i was able to see “only” Gotthard, Immortal and Manowar. Gotthard and Immortal played very well and the people was happy about their performance. Manowar’s show began at 1.22 in the morning! The usual intro “The miracle” was anticipated by another short and very funny intro. You could hear a siren and sounds like those of “violence and bloodshed” and there were red lights flashing on stage, then Joey’s voice invited all whimps and posers to leave the hall in the next 2 minutes and a half.
On the amplifiers of Manowar additional lights were placed.

This is what the band played.

Manowar
Blood of my Enemies
Brothers of Metal
Call to arms
Hands of Doom
Heart of Steel
Kings of Metal
Sleipnir
Loki
Gods Made Heavy Metal
Fast Taker
Warriors of the World
Kill with Power
Hail and Kill
Battle Hymn
The Crown and the Ring

Sleipnir was played without spoken Intro.

Joey played his solo and made a short speech in spanish were he said that Manowar fans are number one and was happy to be back in Spain.

When it was time for "The gods made heavy metal" a fan joined the band on stage and after drinking a beer Joey’s-style, he started to play the solo of Battle Hymn. For a second all were stunned but Joey kept his calm, took the joke, and together with Donnie played along him until he finished. Later the band played with him "The gods made heavy metal" and, at the end of the song, he was allowed to keep the guitar he used and all 4 members of the band signed the guitar.

The crown and the ring was played the same way it is recorded on the “Thunder in the sky” ep. In other words only the choir was recorded, all the rest was played live.

At the end of the show there have been big fireworks. Manowar played exactly 2 hours. The show ended at 3.25 in the mornig!

Eric seemed to be a little tired (sometimes he looked like he had fever). The rest of the band played well and it was nice to appreciate Donnie’s drumming. Volume vas very high but clean as usual.

One important note. I have been at the festival just for few hours but enough to see that it was extremely well organized and with good prices.

1) 1 bottle 33 cl not sparkling water = 1 €.

2) When the bottles of water that were kept in the fridge finished, the persons who distributed them started to distribute “warm” ones but together with a plastic-glass full of ice, in order to let people drink refreshing water anyway. That is what I would call customer care.

3) The "names" and quality of the band who performed there made this the best metal festival of Europe. Period.

Magic Circle Festival should learn and copy!

See you on the battlefield of Norway!

OfflineView user's profileSend private message    
Spock

germany.gif

PostPosted: 30.06.2009, 07:17    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

nice review... thanks a lot!
OfflineView user's profileSend private messageVisit poster's website    
OdinsWarrior
Scout

austria.gif

Stat-Points: 10

PostPosted: 30.06.2009, 13:24    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Great review - thanks too!

The Intro sounds very funny. Do they do the same at Hellfest in france? I'm sure that somebody was there...

All who knows no fear

schwarzwind

blank.gif

PostPosted: 30.06.2009, 14:40    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

they did
OdinsWarrior
Scout

austria.gif

Stat-Points: 10

PostPosted: 30.06.2009, 15:03    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Cool Smile
All who knows no fear

Bavarian Y&T

bavaria.gif

PostPosted: 07.07.2009, 08:24    (No subject) Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you, Luca, for your great review!

I'm sorry that we can't meet this year! But we will fight together again!!!!

- Robert

Jump to:   

Show permissions

Betreiber & Verantwortlicher

Für Beiträge im Forum sind die jeweiligen Verfasser verantwortlich.

Haftungshinweis: Trotz sorgfältiger inhaltlicher Kontrolle übernehmen wir keine Haftung für die Inhalte externer Links.
Für den Inhalt der verlinkten Seiten sind ausschließlich deren Betreiber verantwortlich.

Layout by Simon Linimair and Franz Dumfart